Thursday, December 24, 2009

More on the Malcolm X Mixtape

So we're still developing our plans for the Malcolm X Mixtape. You should consider supporting our Black Studies work by purchasing our mixtape in February. In the meantime, you can check out our latest promo vid.

A week or so ago, Dometi stopped by my office to let me hear the instrumental he had for one of the tracks he's preparing for the mixtape. He started rhyming some of his lyrics out loud. I got his permission to produce a rough cut with my recorder of what's coming.

In the spirit of collaboration, I asked artist Samir M. Barrett if we could feature some of his artwork in our vid. Samir is an animator, writer, and student at the Savannah College of Art and Design. I was introduced to his work on his web-site earlier this semester, met him shortly after, and immediately started thinking of ways that we could get him to contribute to our projects.

No comments: